#1 - From Google To Merck
What are the most important earnings to watch next week, and how do you trade them?
We’re on the eve of an information avalanche, explains Dylan Ratigan. A third of earnings are reported next week, the Fed meets, OPEC meets and a jobs report comes out. What will you be watching, he asks the traders.
- Look to the truckers, says Pete Najarian. A year ago they signaled a slowdown but few paid attention. Keep an eye on YRC Worldwide (YRCW).
- If the refiners are beat up, buy Marathon (MRO) on the dip, Najarian counsels.
- Watch Burlington Northern (BNI) numbers, says Guy Adami. They report on Tuesday and I think the stock ahead of earnings is interesting.
- Also you can get long Google (GOOG) into earnings understanding that if they say something terrible the stock could drop by $50 dollars.
- I’m watching data out of the Fed next week, says Tim Seymour, as well as info out of OPEC and the economic numbers.
- I like Altria (MO) but the moves in this stock aren’t usually extreme, says Karen Finerman.