S&P 500 Earnings Scorecard: 10% of Companies Reported to Date
So far 50 or 10% of the S&P 500 companies have reported earnings for the quarter.
Here's how things stand:
Companies Exceeding Estimates: 38 or 76%
Companies Matching Estimates: 4 or 8%
Companies Falling Below Estimates: 8 or 16%
So far the year-over-year percent change in EPS for the companies that have reported is down 25.9%. Get more earnings news here.
Biggest positive EPS surprises to date include:
- Circuit City beat by 17 cents
- Polaris Industries beat by 9 cents
- State Street beat by 9 cents
Biggest negative EPS surprises to date include:
- Wachovia missed by 54 cents
- Washington Mutual missed by 35 cents
- Shaw Group missed by 10 cents
Source: Thomson Financial