Dr. Robi Ludwig's Secrets to Dealing with Rejection
No one likes rejection. It hits to the central core of our being. Its sting can linger for what can seem like an eternity. It’s important to remember that no one gets to where they want to go
without someone, somewhere along the way telling them that what they want can’t or won’t be achievable. Even once people achieve success, the dreaded word “no” can still be hurled their way and often is.
Here’s the good news about the word “no”. Getting told you can’t do something can really help you to muster up your inner moxy to prove those people wrong. Remember once you achieve your goal, those early naysayers make for great stories to tell. You’ll thank them later on once you become the success you always knew you could be.
Here are some helpful tips to help you stay on the road to success.
1) Follow your dream, no matter what. If you have a passion for something it means you are probably gifted at it and it’s the gift you’re meant to share with the world.
2) The word “No” is just part of the process towards success, not a psychic prediction about what the future has in store for you.
3) Surround yourself with people who do believe in you and your dream, and have them handy when your resolve gets low.
4) Write down your goals as if you have achieved it: i.e. I, John Doe, am the successful CEO of whatever the company is, and envision yourself right NOW as the successful person you want to be.
5) Follow your role models…don’t reinvent the wheel; especially if you don’t have to.