Protect Yourself from Mortgage Fraud
During a press conference to announce the arrest of 60 people for mortgage fraud, the Department of Justice offered tips for consumers to protect themselves.
- If mortgage terms sound too good to be true, they probably are.
- Before you sign anything, read it very carefully.
- If you think something is suspicious, ask critical questions.
- If necessary, hire a professional to look over the mortgage document.
- Try to obtain references on the mortgage provider.