Million Dollar Portfolio Challenge: Trades of the Day
Nearly 1.52 billion shares and $19.3 billion traded yesterday in CNBC's Million Dollar Portfolio Challenge. The top currency trader has more than doubled his money making over $221,000 since currency trading began. Check out Sue Herrera's currency tips here and for daily currency analysis, go to Currency Updates.
Contest Widely Helds and Actives:
EUR/CHF replaced NZD/JPY in the contest Most Actives.
- The most profitable currency trades in the contest were made in the EUR/USD , USD/CAD and GBP/JPY pairs.
- EUR/USD remains the most actively traded currency pair, and the most profitable.
- One of our leaders continues to make money in the EUR/USD by "scalping," a strategy where the trader executes extremely short-term positions, some as short as 60 seconds, to collect small gains. He has made over $120,000 employing this strategy.
Sirius Satellite Radio continues its stranglehold on the contest Widely Helds, and regains its Most Active title on Monday and with an upgrade to buy from neural by Merrill today, the stock could show some decent gains.
Industrials continue to represent 30% of the top widely helds followed by Financials at 25%.
Sample of Top Trades in the Leaderboard: Precious Metals and Mining companies dominate as gold rallies
- Goodrich Petroleum if you bought on Friday before 4pET and held/sold on Monday, you made 9.57%
- Petrohawk Energy if you bought on Friday before 4pET and held/sold on Monday, you made 7.80%
- James River Coal if you bought on Friday before 4pET and held/sold on Monday, you made 7.04%
Sample of Losing Trades from the Leaderboard:
Ivanhoe Energy if you bought on Friday before 4pET and held/sold on Monday, you lost -1.93%
Bets for today (July 1st): Dominated by Precious Metals and Mining