Nearly 1.42 billion shares and $15.1 billion traded yesterday in CNBC's Million Dollar Portfolio Challenge. The top currency trader has more than doubled his money making over $242,000 since currency trading began. Check out Sue Herrera's currency tips here and for daily currency analysis, go to Currency Updates.
Contest Widely Helds and Actives:
- The most profitable currency trades in the contest were made in the EUR/USD , EUR/JPY and GBP/JPY pairs.
- Investors bought the EUR/USD pair ahead of a widely expected 25 basis point rate hike during today's ECB meeting.
- The US dollar fell broadly yesterday as an ADP National Employment report showed that jobs in the private sector fell by 79,000 in June, making it the biggest decline since November 2002.
Sirius Satellite Radio continues its stranglehold on the contest Widely Helds, followed by Rite Aid .
Industrials continue to represent 30% of the top widely helds followed by Financials at 20%.
Sample of Top Trades in the Leaderboard:
- Apollo Group if you bought on Friday before 4pET and held/sold on Monday, you made 18.42%
- Quimonda if you bought on Friday before 4pET and held/sold on Monday, you made 16.10%
- Family Dollar Stores if you bought on Friday before 4pET and held/sold on Monday, you made 8.18%
Sample of Losing Trades from the Leaderboard:
Hertz Global Holdings if you bought on Friday before 4pET and held/sold on Monday, you lost 16.17%
Bets for today (July 1st): Dominated by Energy
- W-D40 Co.