World Markets Olympic Challenge: Let the Games Begin
Qualifying rounds - Final: After a week of ups and downs, we are now up to the medal round. The playing field has been narrowed from twenty countries to ten.
- France's CAC 40 finishes the qualifying round in first place, up 3.32%
- Italy's MIB comes in second, up 3.15%
- Europe was the only continent with more than one index to see all of its indices move on (Australia also advanced)
- India's Sensex 30, is the only BRIC survivor and comes in third, just behind Italy
- Mexico is the only index that finished the qualifying round in positive territory but did not make the medal round
World Markets Olympic Challenge: Leaderboard as of (8/7 Close) -Rows in light blue advance to the medal round
The results of our pollhad most of you picking China to win the gold, followed by the USA with the Silver, and a tie between Brazil and Israel for the Bronze. Of the four, only the USA's S&P 500 made it to the medal round led by CB Richard Ellis Group (CBG), MBIA (MBI), Microsoft (MSFT), Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB), and Principal Financial (PFG) all up over 7% for the qualifying rounds. CBG was up over 12%.