Business Book of the Year Contenders Announced
And the winner is -
Today we got word of who made the so-called shortlist of candidates to win the prestigious Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year award.
The 6 contenders for the title are:
- “A Splendid Exchange: How Trade Shaped the World” by William J. Bernstein
- “Cold Steel: The Multi-Billion-Dollar Battle for a Global Industry” by Tim Bouquet & Byron Ousey
- “When Markets Collide: Investment Strategies for the Age of Global Economic Change”by Mohamed El-Erian
- “McMafia: A Journey Through the Global Criminal Underworld”by Misha Glenny
- “Remix: Making Art and Commerce Thrive in the Hybrid Economy”by Lawrence Lessig
- “The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life” by Alice Schroeder
Lionel Barber, Editor of the Financial Times said in a statement, "At no time has there been a greater need for books that provide an insight into modern business issues. The finalists were chosen from the greatest number of titles ever submitted in the award’s four year history, and we’re delighted to have such a strong shortlist from which to select a winner in October." Lloyd C. Blankfein, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Goldman Sachs added, “The finalists address what we think are the most important global issues spanning a broad array of industries and disciplines.”
The winner will be announced October 14 at a gala dinner at The Plaza in New York. Our own Maria Bartiromo will emcee the evening and Samuel J. Palmisano, Chairman, CEO, and President of IBM, will be the keynote speaker.
Programming note: Mohamed El-Erian will guest host "Squawk Box" on Monday September 22 beginning at 7AM/ET.
Questions, comments? firstname.lastname@example.org