The world's largest audiovisual content market kicked off in Cannes with MIPCOM 2008 amid turmoil in the financial markets.
Industry executives have been questioning how the global financial crisis will directly impact the funding of content - and as a global recession looms how a slowdown in the ad market may affect those who commission shows?
CNBC’s Ross Westgate spoke with a number of media executives at MIPCOM to get their views on the sector and what we can expect from 2009.
- Video: Central Partnership Exec on Russian Media
- Video: Disney Exec on Global Distribution Front
- Video: Media in the Middle East
- Video: Havas Sports & Entertainment CEO on OutlookVideo: Looking at Media Practices
- Video: Zodiac Television on the Future of Media
- Video: NBC on Global TV DistributionVideo: Dori Media CEO on Emerging Markets MediaVideo: YouTube CEO on Online Media ContentVideo: ITV Media Exec on Media Challenges in Europe