Companies to Love on Valentines
The Discover Card’s Fourth Annual Valentine’s Day Shopping Survey Reveals the Way to Someone’s Heart is Through Their Stomach.
- Men’s Feedback:
- 73% of men said they plan to buy their valentine’s a special dinner; 65% will buy flowers; and 51% candy or chocolate
- 56% of women in the survey expect to receive a special dinner; 48% expect flowers; and 39% would like to receive chocolates
- Women’s Feedback:
- 57% plan to buy a special dinner; 37% plan to buy music, books, DVDs or games; 44% will purchase chocolate or candy
- 53% of male respondents expect a special dinner, followed by a night on town (35%); while 31% expect a getaway
Based on these survey results, here are some companies that may share the love this Valentine’s Day.
More men and women expect to buy chocolate this year
- Hershey sells its famous Kisses which are a Valentine’s classic (read more on HSY here)
- Cadbury is the world’s largest confectioner by sales
- Godiva was sold to Yildiz Holdings for $850M in Dec. 2007
- Mars, Inc. the makers of M&M’s is privately held
- Nestle SA is the world’s biggest food company
- FTD Group
Perfume, Lingerie, and more
3) Perfume Manufacturers:
- International Flavors and Fragrances Inc.
- Parlux Fragrances Inc.
- Inter Parfums Inc.
- Elizabeth Arden Inc.
- Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
- Revlon Inc.
4) Specialty Retailers:
- Teddy Bears
- Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Vermont Teddy Bear is privately held
- Limited Brands Inc. - owner of Victoria’s Secret
- Frederick’s of Hollywood
- The PajamaGram Company was taken private by the Mustang Group in May 2005 for $6.50 per share.