As we approach the All-Star Game in Phoenix this weekend, the NBA has some pretty eye-opening statistics regarding its worldwide reach.
Here are the top five most amazing stats:
- The league says there are now 57 international players in the league who have a total of 115 endorsements. Six seasons ago, there were 40 international players who had a total of 57 endorsements.
- Almost 90 percent of Chinese people age 15 to 54 are aware of the NBA.
- NBA merchandise is sold in more than 30,000 locations in China alone, with sales expected to grow 60 percent this year and 70 percent next year.
- More than 200 licensees market NBA products that are sold in more than 100,000 stores in 100 countries.
- The majority of the traffic to NBA.com is from outside the United States.
Questions? Comments? SportsBiz@cnbc.com