The US markets rally for the 6th straight week as fears about a devastating first-quarter earnings period diminish slightly and investors find increasing hope that the US economy may be stabilizing. The Russell 2000 led the week's rally, up about 2.4%, with the Dow lagging, up about 0.6% for the week.
- The Dow & S&P have had their best 6-week % gain since July, 1938, and the NASDAQ has had it best 6-week gain since March, 2000
- The last time the Dow, S&P and NASDAQ all experienced 6 simultaneous straight weeks of gains was January, 2004
- The Dow & S&P last experienced 6 straight weeks of gains May, 2007, the NASDAQ had 6 straight weeks of gains December, 2005
- Since March 9th lows, the Dow is up 24.20%, the NASDAQ is up 32% and the S&P is up 28.54%
- Since CNBC Began on April 17, 1989, the Dow is up almost 248%, the NASDAQ is up 300% and the S&P is up 188%