GO
Loading...

Rising Star Stock - Wednesday June 24th

Which movie giant could be a the next blockbuster in your portfolio?

Jon Najarian says it's IMAX the company that specializes in ultra large-screen theaters.

If you think IMAX is all about nature films or planetarium-like animation, think again. Hollywood's "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: The IMAX Experience" earned $510,000 at 10 international IMAX theaters last weekend.

According to the firm's website, There are currently more than 371 IMAX theatres in 43 countries. Approximately 65 percent of the theatres are located in North America, while the remaining 35 percent are spread internationally. To date, nearly 1 billion people have enjoyed The IMAX Experience around the world.

Here are some more particulars:


IMAX (IMAX)
-Based in Ontario, Canada
-Sector: Services
-Industry: Motion Pictures
-Market Cap: $314 million
-52 Week Low $2.41
-52 Week High $8.28
-Up 62% in 2009


What makes IMAX a rising star stock?

Tickets are selling out in advance at these theaters, explains Jon Najarian and movies that aren’t terribly successful over all -- do quite well in IMAX.

Beyond that IMAX only owns about 2% of theaters but typically accounts for 10% of movie sales in any given week.

But on top of all that, the new Harry Potter movie is coming to IMAX.

With all those positive catalysts, I think the stock is a buy.


______________________________________________________
Got something to say? Send us an e-mail at fastmoney-web@cnbc.com and your comment might be posted on the Rapid Recap! If you'd prefer to make a comment but not have it published on our website send your message to fastmoney@cnbc.com.

Trader disclosure: On June 24th, 2009, the following stocks and commodities mentioned or intended to be mentioned on CNBC’s Fast Money were owned by the Fast Money traders; Adami Owns (AGU), (C), (GS), (INTC), (MSFT), (NUE), (BTU); Finerman's Firm Owns (MSFT), (WMT); Firm Is Short (WFC); Finerman's Firm Is Short (IWM), (SPY), (MDY), (IJR), (USO); Finerman's Firm And Finerman Own (BAC) Preferred Shares, Finerman's Firm Is Short (BAC); Finerman's Firm And Finerman Are Short (WFC) Preferred Shares, Finerman's Finerman's Firm And Finerman Own (FLS); Jon Najarian Owns (AAPL), (BRK.B), (JPM), (MS), (RIMM), (WFC), (WMT), (YHOO); Jon Najarian Is Short (AZO); Terranova Owns (TER), (XBI), (BTU), (ABT), (RIMM), (HES), (MS), (MSFT)

Terranova Works For (VRTS); Terranova Is Chief Alternatives Strategist Of Virtus Investment Partners, Ltd.; Terranova Is Co-Portfolio Manager Of The Virtus Diversifier PHOLIO; Virtus Diversifier PHOLIO Owns (IGE), (DBC), (DBV), (ABD); Virtus Investment Partners Owns More Than 1% Of (ABD), (CAL), (CLB), (DLR), (EPR), (EXR), (IGE), (MEE), (DBC), (DBV), (DBA), (SKT), (UA), (WBMD); Virtus Investment Partners Owns More Than 1% Of Seagate Tax Refund Rights; Virtus Investment Partners Owns More Than 1% Of St Mary Land & Exploration Co

Finerman's Firm Owns (APC), (RIG), (TBT)
Jon Najarian Owns (LM), (PALM)

Contact Fast Money

  • Showtimes

    Halftime Report - Weekdays 12p ET
    Fast Money - Weekdays 5p ET

Halftime Report