On a week where the US markets ended the day & week mixed, the major indexes are tracking to close the month mixed, but the quarter up almost 11% or greater, and the first half of the year in the green, except for the Dow.
- Since March 9th lows, the S&P is up 35.83%, the Dow is up 28.89%, and the NASDAQ is up 44.90%
- All 30 Dow components are positive since the March 9th lows and only 3 NASDAQ 100 members are negative since the March 9th lows.
- The Dow remains in negative territory YTD by -3. 85%
Top Performers Since March 9th
5 out of 10 S&P sectors were positive for the week led by Telecom up 3.65% for the week. Energy was the most negative sector, down almost 3% for the week.
- Telecom was helped by American Tower (AMT) up 7.5% for the week
- Energy was hurt by Tesoro (TSO) down almost 9% for the week
- Year-to-date 3 out of 10 sectors are positive led by Tech up 24% YTD.
- Quarter-to-date, all 10 sectors are positive led by Financial up almost 35% QTD.