The Truth Behind Bernie Madoff’s Bull
It’s big bull Tuesday here at the Pony blog — Man, we are so full of it.
First, it was Bank of America bringing back Merrill’s iconic bull, now it’s Bernie Madoff’s bull.
Pictures have been circulating on the Internet in the past few weeks of a sculpture of Bernie Madoff getting gored by a bull. It was done by Chinese sculptor Chen Wenling.
The knee-jerk reaction of most has been to cheer for Madoff getting gored — then wonder what’s up with the big gas cloud coming out of the bull.
In America, it’s fair to assume that it’s just a fart joke.
But this is China — and it’s a sophisticated fart joke.
The title of the piece is fang pi, which literally means “the big fart” in Chinese. But the slang definition is “to bluff or lie.”
As we say in America — classy!
More From CNBC.com:
- Tips for Surviving Prison: Bernie Madoff Edition
- Merrill's Bull Is Charging Back—But Will It Fall Down?
- Banker to Street Vendor: Welcome to the New Economy
- Poll: Where Is the Dow Headed—9,000 or 10,000?
- Microsoft's 'House Party': Pass the Cringe
Questions? Comments? Write to email@example.com.