On Monday the nation’s largest investors released information about their top holdings. And as the traders sifted through all the data, they found some surprises!
(As you may know, Form 13-F is filed by investors who manage $100 million or more in an effort to provide the market with greater transparency. It's required to be on file within 45 days of the end of a given quarter; Monday was the deadline.)
Here’s what the traders found noteworthy:
- George Soros bought BofA and cutback his stake in Target .
- Carl Icahn bought 1.5 million shares in Genzyme.
- T. Boone Pickens bought a new stake in SandRidge Energy , and increased his stakes in Forest Oil and Chesapeake Energy .
- Bill Ackman (of Perhsing Square) bought a new stake in Landry’s Restaurants.
- Warren Buffett bought a new stake in Republic Services , increased a stake in Walmart and Nestle and decreased a stake in ConocoPhillips and disclosed a stake in ExxonMobil .