Wall Street Whale Watching: Noteworthy Moves
On Monday the nation’s largest investors released information about their top holdings. And as the traders sifted through all the data, they found some surprises!
(As you may know, Form 13-F is filed by investors who manage $100 million or more in an effort to provide the market with greater transparency. It's required to be on file within 45 days of the end of a given quarter; Monday was the deadline.)
Here’s what the traders found noteworthy:
- George Soros bought BofA and cutback his stake in Target .
- Carl Icahn bought 1.5 million shares in Genzyme.
- T. Boone Pickens bought a new stake in SandRidge Energy , and increased his stakes in Forest Oil and Chesapeake Energy .
- Bill Ackman (of Perhsing Square) bought a new stake in Landry’s Restaurants.
- Warren Buffett bought a new stake in Republic Services , increased a stake in Walmart and Nestle and decreased a stake in ConocoPhillips and disclosed a stake in ExxonMobil .
Got something to to say? Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and your comment might be posted on the Rapid Recap. If you'd prefer to make a comment but not have it published on our website send those e-mails to email@example.com.
Trader disclosure: On November 16th, 2009, the following stocks and commodities mentioned or intended to be mentioned on CNBC’s Fast Money were owned by the Fast Money traders; Seymour Owns (AAPL), (BAC), (EEM), (GE), (INTC); Finerman Owns (RIG), (FLS); Finerman's Firm Owns (CSCO), (RIG), (MSFT), (NOK), (PLCE), (TGT); Finerman's Firm Is Short (USO); Finerman's Firm And Finerman Own (WFC) Preferred; Finerman's Firm Owns (WMT); Finerman's Firm Is Short (IJR), (MDY), (IWM), (UNG); Finerman's Firm Owns (BAC) Preferred, (BAC), (BAC) Call Spreads; Finerman Owns (BAC) Preferred, (BAC); Finerman's Firm Owns (FLS), Is Short (FLS) Calls; Terranova Owns (GS), (JPM), (SU), (AAPL), (GOOG); Terranova Works For (VRTS); Terranova Owns Dec. Crude Oil . Futures; Terranova Owns Dec. Gold Futures; Terranova Owns Dec. Nat Gas Futures
For Brian Kelly
Kanundrum Capital Owns (ELX)
Kelly Owns (ELX) Calls
CNBC.com with wires