On Monday the nation’s largest investors released information about their top holdings. And as the traders sifted through all the data, they found some surprises!
(As you may know, Form 13-F is filed by investors who manage $100 million or more in an effort to provide the market with greater transparency. It's required to be on file within 45 days of the end of a given quarter; Monday was the deadline.)
Here’s what the traders found noteworthy:
- George Soros bought BofA and cutback his stake in Target .
- Carl Icahn bought 1.5 million shares in Genzyme.
- T. Boone Pickens bought a new stake in SandRidge Energy , and increased his stakes in Forest Oil and Chesapeake Energy .
- Bill Ackman (of Perhsing Square) bought a new stake in Landry’s Restaurants.
- Warren Buffett bought a new stake in Republic Services , increased a stake in Walmart and Nestle and decreased a stake in ConocoPhillips and disclosed a stake in ExxonMobil .
Got something to to say? Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and your comment might be posted on the Rapid Recap. If you'd prefer to make a comment but not have it published on our website send those e-mails to email@example.com.
Trader disclosure: On November 16th, 2009, the following stocks and commodities mentioned or intended to be mentioned on CNBC’s Fast Money were owned by the Fast Money traders; Seymour Owns (AAPL), (BAC), (EEM), (GE), (INTC); Finerman Owns (RIG), (FLS); Finerman's Firm Owns (CSCO), (RIG), (MSFT), (NOK), (PLCE), (TGT); Finerman's Firm Is Short (USO); Finerman's Firm And Finerman Own (WFC) Preferred; Finerman's Firm Owns (WMT); Finerman's Firm Is Short (IJR), (MDY), (IWM), (UNG); Finerman's Firm Owns (BAC) Preferred, (BAC), (BAC) Call Spreads; Finerman Owns (BAC) Preferred, (BAC); Finerman's Firm Owns (FLS), Is Short (FLS) Calls; Terranova Owns (GS), (JPM), (SU), (AAPL), (GOOG); Terranova Works For (VRTS); Terranova Owns Dec. Crude Oil . Futures; Terranova Owns Dec. Gold Futures; Terranova Owns Dec. Nat Gas Futures
For Brian Kelly
Kanundrum Capital Owns (ELX)
Kelly Owns (ELX) Calls
CNBC.com with wires