Markets rose on Monday, so what should you do to get your portfolio ready for the rest of this year? Bill Stone, chief investment strategist at PNC Wealth Management shared his insight.
“We don’t believe that there’s going to be an inflation problem,” Stone told CNBC.
“We are convinced that it’s not a problem, but we do like TIPS [Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities] because it takes away another risk which is inflation getting out of control.”
Stone also said he is watching for bubbles in the economy.
“It’s a matter of watching everything,” he said. “Short-term rates being so low, you need a good story to go with it."
"I like to watch commodities and emerging markets—[those] to me make the most sense of possible bubbles,” he said.
PNC’s Themes for 2010:
End of the U.S. Carry Trade & Remonetization
Lost Decade for Bond Investors
- Watch Stone's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Nov. 10, 2009)
More Market Intelligence:
- Tech Sector's Secular Growth Will Continue: Market Pro
- Pros: Dow to Rally to 12,000; Peak Gold Possible
- 3 Contrarian Fund Picks: Morningstar Research Director
CNBC Data Pages:
CNBC's Companies in the News:
Bank of America
- H&R Block Settles IRA Lawsuit in New York
- Goldman Could Move Units out of London: Report
No immediate information was available for Stone or his firm.