Market Pros' 10 Stock Picks & Pans (Pt. 2)
Stocks rallied Thursday, with the Nasdaq gaining as much as 3 percent intraday. Is this the beginning of a summer rally or should investors continue to be cautious?
Barry James, president of James Advantage Funds, and Dan Genter, president, chief executive and chief investment officer of RNC Genter Capital Management, shared their market outlooks.
James said investors should search for bargain stocks.
“Non-cyclicals and some of the commodities would work out well," he recommended.
"And some of the energy stocks have seen some pullbacks."
Del Monte Foods
Scorecard — What They Said:
- Genter's Previous Appearance on CNBC (May 11, 2010)
- James' Previous Appearance on CNBC (May 5, 2010)
Opposing Market Views:
- Stock Prices to Fall Further—So ‘Sit and Wait’
- Cramer: Why You Should Buy the 52-Week Highs
- 10 Reasons Why Markets Will Rebound: Pro
CNBC Data Pages:
Cramer's 12 Stocks to Play the Recovery
No immediate information was available for Genter or James.