4 Winning Dividend Stock Plays: Chief Investor
Stocks were mixed Wednesday, following a mixed batch of earnings reports. Doug MacKay, president and chief investment officer of Broadleaf Partners, and Mike Holland, chairman of Holland & Company, discussed their best plays.
“I think stocks over bonds make complete sense,” Holland told CNBC.
“We’ve got a disconnect in the markets between fixed income and equities.”
Holland suggested looking overseas, such as at Germany, China, Taiwan or Brazil, for profits.
In the meantime, MacKay said he likes the dividend stocks. (Scroll to see his stock picks.)
“I don’t think we’re going to have a double dip,” he said. “I still think innovators make a lot of sense—and industrials.”
Scorecard—What They Said:
- Holland's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Jul. 29, 2010)
- MacKay's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Apr. 28, 2010)
Market Views—Across the Board:
- Find 'Real Blue Chip Value' Here: Portfolio Manager
- Art Cashin: Refi Spike Creating 'Bullish Buzz'
- There's a 'Lot of Opportunity' in Stocks: Fund Strategist
CNBC Data Pages:
No immediate information was available for Holland or MacKay.