Top Ten Reasons You Need To Watch Pete Rose on The Strategy Session Today:
10. Rose is the CEO of Expeditors International of Washington , a member of my "One-Decision Stock Club," and has been so for 22 years.
9. When investors pressed Rose to cut jobs to improve the top line after 2008, he refused, ensuring 12,300 jobs in the process.
8. The culture Rose has created is unique, one without conference calls, analyst reports, or equity offerings.
7. When EXPD went public with its IPO in 1984, they spent none of the proceeds.
6. Rose and EXPD have turned away countless suitors for their business, proud to say, "We're not for sale."
5. Rose and EXPD's 8K's have become widely known for their wacky nature, including one that compared all business matters to hockey.
4. Rose encouraged business in China in the early 90's, before the masses' rush, and now operates 53 offices there.
3. Rose knows how to integrate deals the right way.
2. Rose is one of the most dynamic CEO's I have ever known.
1. This will be my last show before I take my oldest son to Chapel Hill for his freshman year.
Programming note: "
Gary Kaminsky does not hold any equity positions.
The content of this blog is published in the United States of America and persons who access it agree to do so in accordance with applicable U.S. law.
All opinions expressed in this blog are solely the opinions of Gary Kaminsky and do not reflect the opinions of CNBC, NBC UNIVERSAL or their parent company or affiliates, and may have been previously disseminated on television, radio, internet or another medium. You should not treat any opinion expressed by Mr. Kaminsky as a specific inducement to make a particular investment or follow a particular strategy, but only as an expression of his opinion. Mr. Kaminsky’s opinions are based upon information he considers reliable, but neither CNBC nor its affiliates and/or subsidiaries warrant its completeness or accuracy, and it should not be relied upon as such. Mr. Kaminsky, CNBC, its affiliates and/or subsidiaries are not under any obligation to update or correct any information provided on this website. Mr. Kaminsky’s statements and opinions are subject to change without notice. No part of Mr. Kaminsky’s compensation from CNBC is related to the specific opinions he expresses.
Past performance is not indicative of future results. Neither Mr. Kaminsky nor CNBC guarantees any specific outcome or profit. You should be aware of the real risk of loss in following any strategy or investment discussed on this website or on the show. Strategies or investments discussed may fluctuate in price or value. Investors may get back less than invested. Investments or strategies mentioned on this website or on the show may not be suitable for you. This material does not take into account your particular investment objectives, financial situation or needs and is not intended as recommendations appropriate for you. You must make an independent decision regarding investments or strategies mentioned on this website or on the show. Before acting on information on this website or on the show, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and strongly consider seeking advice from your own financial or investment adviser.