CNBC Announces the Launch of the “Travel Business Leader Award”
The award will be presented at the Asia Travel Leaders Summit 2011
SINGAPORE, 19 October, 2010— CNBC, First in Business Worldwide, announced the launch of its new award, Travel Business Leader Award(TBLA). CNBC’s President and Managing Director for Asia Pacific, Satpal Brainch, announced the award last night at the Asia Travel Leaders Summit Gala Dinner at the Capella Hotel in Sentosa.
“The Travel and Tourism industry plays an important role in today’s global economy, and this award aims to recognize and honor those business leaders who are paving the way forward in this dynamic sector,” said Satpal Brainch, President and Managing Director, CNBC in Asia Pacific.
The TBLA salutes outstanding leadership in the Asian Travel and Tourism Industry. In instituting this award, CNBC takes its interest in this industry further by reinforcing the message that this sector is a key economic contributor and should be recognized for it’s achievements.
CNBC is delighted to have Chicago Booth and Millward Brown support this award as Knowledge and Research Partners. They will work closely with CNBC to ensure a rigorous selection criteria and judging process.
“We at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business are extremely honored to be CNBC’s Knowledge Partner of the inaugural 2010 Travel Business Leader Award. We believe that the TBLA is timely in the face of a rebounding travel industry and are confident that this comprehensive, multi-faceted selection process will provide the best means to successfully acknowledge those who are truly leaders in the tourism industry," said Mark Zmijewski, Deputy Dean and Leon Carroll Marshall Professor of Accounting, The University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
“We are delighted to partner with CNBC in this initiative. Given our experience in this industry, it is very exciting to be part of the effort to recognize the leadership of individuals who have made the industry what it is today,” said Gonzalo Fuentes, Managing Director, Millward Brown, SEA.
The 3- Phase Judging Process:
· Phase 1 – Quantitative company data analysis by knowledge partner, the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, to select the top performers from across Asia.
· Phase 2 – Face-to-face interviews by research partner, Millward Brown, to assess candidates’ leadership qualities.
· Phase 3 – Shortlisting the finalists and deciding an eventual winner by an independent panel of world-respected management strategists, academics, corporate personalities and CNBC executives.
· Candidates for this award are distinguished business leaders in the travel and tourism industry, including Airlines, Hospitality (hotels & resorts), Tourism Boards, Attractions, Tour Operators, Travel Agents and Airports.
· Companies should have an office in the Asia Pacific region, although they need not be of Asian origin.
· The candidate must have spent a minimum of two years on the job.
For more information on TBLA, please log on to our website: TBLA.cnbc.com
About CNBC Asia Pacific
CNBC in Asia Pacific is uniquely positioned to speak to viewers from across the region. Headquartered in Singapore, the network provides nine hours of live Asia-produced programming, which is complemented with coverage of live market action from Europe and the US. CNBC Asia Pacific's channels, which include CNBC Asia, CNBC-TV18 (India), CNBC Pakistan, Nikkei-CNBC (Japan) and SBS-CNBC (South Korea) are available in more than 21 countries across the Asia Pacific region. CNBC Asia Pacific also has a strategic alliance with Shanghai Media Group, which wholly owns a subsidiary, China Business Network, and a collaboration with China Central Television (CCTV). In China, CNBC reaches 400 million homes via CCTV’s Business Channel programme, Global Connection Show. The channels are distributed via satellite, cable and terrestrial broadcast networks, as well as through digital platforms.
More information is available at www.cnbc.com