Agricultural and commodity stocks are the best value plays in the market right now, said Kevin Sanderford, principal at Colorado West Investments.
“We’re seeing rising population so we continue to like ag and commodity stocks,” Sanderford told CNBC.
Within the agriculture sector, Sanderford favors names such as John Deere and Potash as the stocks tend to benefit from higher prices.
Sanderford’s other picks include Chevron and ExxonMobil .
In the meantime, James Dailey, CIO and senior portfolio manager of Team Asset Strategy Fund said investors need to pinpoint specific companies that haven’t participated in the rally since the March 2009 lows such as Abbott Labs , Vulcan Materials and Newmont Mining .
Scorecard—What They Said:
- Dailey's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Jan. 19, 2011)
- Sanderford's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Jan. 27, 2011)
More Market Intelligence:
- Our Best Stock and Sector Picks: Strategists
- Dow to Close Around 13,000 This Year: Stock Picker
- Devil’s Low of 666 Doubles; Credit Crisis Exorcised?
CNBC Data Pages:
Dailey owns shares of ABT, VMC and NEM via Team Asset Strategy (TEAMX).
Sanderford owns and his clients own shares of POT, CVX and XOM.