GO
Loading...

Blankfein Tells Board He's in for Two More Years

Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein testifies before a Senate investigative committee on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, April 27, 2010.
Jim Watson | AFP | Getty Images
Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein testifies before a Senate investigative committee on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, April 27, 2010.

After the financial media furor over a possible Blankfein exit earlier this year, some sources close to Goldman Sachs' main man are saying that actually, he plans to stay for another two years.

Blankfein has "told investors and board members that he isn't expected to relinquish power in the near term," the New York Post reports.

If he did stay until 2013, that would make Blankfein the bank's longest running CEOsince the firm went public in 1999.

As it stands, this month is Lloyd's five year anniversary as CEO of Goldman .

Plus, insiders, as we know already, are devotees of their chief.

"I don't think he's going anywhere, and the board [of directors] has been really supportive of what he's been through and how he navigated the crisis," an inside source told the NYP.

This story originally appeared on Business Insider

Read more from Business Insider:

__________________________________________

Questions? Comments? Email us atNetNet@cnbc.com

Follow NetNet on Twitter @ twitter.com/CNBCnetnet

Facebook us @ www.facebook.com/NetNetCNBC

NetNet TV

Wall Street