The tech sector has the “dynamics and play” that can drive the markets for the next two years, said David Goerz, CIO of Highmark Capital.
Intel—“Intel is well positioned as we think about the expansion into emerging markets,” Goerz told CNBC. “Tablets have been a threat to both Microsoft and Intel, but as we look at the need for techs across consumers as well as enterprise, these dynamics are very strong.”
(Listen to what Goerz's fellow strategist, Anton Schutz, portfolio manager of Mendon Capital, has to say about banks with "tremendous upside.")
Scorecard—What They Said:
- Goerz's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Feb. 28, 2011)
- Schutz's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Apr. 11, 2011)
More Market Intelligence:
- Tech Sector 'Still Looks Very Strong': Stock Picker
- What Banks Need to Kick-Start Rally: Strategist
- Large vs. Small Caps—What to Buy: Stock Pickers
CNBC Data Pages:
Other Big Techs:
Goerz’s firm owns shares of ORCL, INTC, EMC, IBM, MSFT, HPQ and JPM.
Goerz owns shares of INTC and EMC.
Schutz owns shares of BAC and JPM.