Value Stocks to Continue Growing: Strategists
Value stocks are the best place for investors to make money, said Craig Callahan, founder and president of ICON Advisers, and Mark Matson, founder and CEO of Matson Money.
“Value’s been an uncatchable target and we expect that to continue over the next year,” Callahan told CNBC.
“Over the last two years, the leadership has been from anything cyclical or economically sensitive and we expect that to continue,” he continued.
Callahan said he likes industrials and energy.
In the meantime, Matson said investors should own value stocks because there’s been “no 20-year period in existence where value stocks didn’t beat growth stocks.”
Scorecard—What They Said:
- Callahan's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Mar. 30, 2011)
- Matson's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Apr. 26, 2011)
More Market Intelligence:
- 6 Large-Cap Plays For Investors: Pros
- Large vs. Small Caps—What to Buy: Stock Pickers
- Market Technicals Still Look 'Relatively Positive': Pros
CNBC Data Pages:
Callahan and ICON either directly or indirectly own shares of CSX, XOM and DOV.
No immediate information was available for Matson or his firm.