Take Profits in Equities, Invest in Commodities: Pro
Get out of equities and into commodities, advised J.J. Burns, president of J.J. Burns & Company.
“We’ve been reducing our positions in large and small caps [in the last couple of months],” Burns told CNBC.
In the place of stocks, Burns said he’s been investing in precious metals, industrialized metals and agricultural-type commodities.
“We have to be concerned with the rising expectations and rising risk of inflation, and it’s happening in raw materials, which we see happening everyday now.”
WTI Crude Oil (Jun ’11)
(Meanwhile, Michael Sansoterra of Silvant Capital Management says investors should stick with stocks.)
Scorecard—What They Said:
- Burns' Previous Appearance on CNBC (Apr. 18, 2011)
- Sansoterra's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Apr. 6, 2011)
More Market Intelligence:
- Value Stocks to Keep Growing: Strategists
- 6 Large-Cap Plays For Investors: Pros
- Market Technicals Still Look 'Relatively Positive': Pros
CNBC Data Pages:
Thursday's Top Dow Laggards (As of Noon):
Bank of America
No immediate information was available for Burns or Sansoterra.