Amerigroup will release second-quarter figures on Friday before the bell. Shares of the managed healthcare company are up 110 percent in the past year, compared to an 18 percent gain for the S&P 500.
Based on the last seven earnings reports, LIM's EarningsEdge, a Morningstar company, indicates that Amerigroup has shown a strong bullish edge that peaks 16 trading days before the announcement and a strong bullish edge that peaks 13 trading days after earnings are released.
The current consensus First Call EPS estimate stands at $1.12 versus a gain of $1.31, while revenue is expected to come in at $1.56 billion, compared to $1.44 billion during the same period last year.
What follows are some facts and figures on how the company's shares traded in the most recent earnings reports.
Beat revenue estimates in 5 of the last 8 quarters
Beat EPS estimates for 6 consecutive quarters, missed the previous 2
Beat annual EPS estimates for 3 consecutive years
In 2010, 100 percent of revenue derived from the United States
Amerigroup shares closed at an all-time high of $74.87 on July 6, 2011
- Short-interest as a percent of float stands at 10.9 percent
According to Thomson Reuters estimates, the mean price target among 15 financial analysts is $71.27
Competitors' Performance so far in 2011:
- United Healthgroup , up 39 percent
- Express Scripts , down 0.06 percent
- Coventry Health Care , up 32 percent
- WellCare Health Plans , up 59 percent
- Centene , up 39 percent
Amerigroup shares are up 54 percent year-to-date.
Stock Performance By The Numbers
- In the past 8 quarters, Amerigroup shares rose 2.34 percent, on average, thirteen days after the company reported its quarterly results
S&P Health CareSector:
- Second best performing sector so far in 2011, up 9 percent
- The top performing stock in this sector is Biogen with a gain of 53 percent
- Amerigroup is not part of the S&P 500 index
Source: CNBC Analytics, LIM and Thomson Reuters
For more information visit Earnings Central
Comments? Suggestions? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org