Another Huge Weekend: Occupy Wall Street Is Coming to Your Neighborhood
Occupy Wall Street is calling tomorrow their Global Day of Action.
And it certainly is global, by Occupy Wall Street's count, they're in 950+ cities and 82 countries around the globe. You can check out the occupations on this map.
Here's a few international cities where occupations will begin tomorrow: Montreal, London, Tokyo, Toronto, Rome, Frankfurt, Paris, Sydney, Seoul, Sao Paolo, Tel-Aviv, Oslo, Cairo, Kiev, Thessaloniki, Kampala, Moscow, Islamabad... I could go on.
Here in New York, the occupiers are teaming up with community groups to have a presence all over the city, all day.
Here's a schedule:
- At 11:00 AM, they're meeting at Liberty Plaza and marching to a nearby Chase bank.
- At Noon there will be an all student rally for students in Washington Square Park.
- At 1:00 PM there will be protesters in Tompkins Square Park.
- At 3:30 PM the occupiers will be demonstrating against Mountain Top Removal at the New York Public Library on 42nd and 6th.
- At 5:00 PM, there will be an Occupation Party in Times Square, culminating in a subway train party heading back to Zuccotti Park.
- Finally, at 7:00 PM there will be a massive General Assembly at Zuccotti, where the Occupiers will discuss their plans for national representation.
This story originally appeared on Business Insider
Read more from Business Insider:
Questions? Comments? Email us atNetNet@cnbc.com
Follow NetNet on Twitter @ twitter.com/CNBCnetnet
Facebook us @ www.facebook.com/NetNetCNBC