Jon Fortt: Technology
My scorecard for last year? Great, except for one terrible call, thus a B.
1. I said Android would overtake iPhone in units and usage, but not profits. That happened. A.
2. I said the Mac App Store would change software distribution and help Applegain PC share. A.
3. Did Oracle'sLarry Ellison buy storage hardware as I predicted? You bet. Pillar Data Systems. A.
4. Like I said last year, Qualcommbecame Intel's nemesis in chips; as tablets rose AMD has faded. A.
5. My big failure? I said Carol Bartz would survive at Yahoo. I think Rick Perry said it best: "Oops." F.