Herb Greenberg: Retailers, ETFs, Chinese ADRs
I'll take an A- for last year's predictions.
1. For-profit colleges make operating changes.
The for-profit education industry did begin changing its business plans and reducing expected growth rates. In retrospect, it was an understatement.
2. Netflix stock gets rocked.
The stock was $200; it's now around 70. (Of course, I also said it would be acquired by Google . For that I get an F.)
3. Scrutiny and trouble for the ETF market.
There has been scrutiny of ETFs, but only at a C-level and with no sudden price collapse of a hilly leveraged ETF.
4. U.S. investors will shy away from Chinese stocks.
Whether for "allegations of accounting fraud," as I also predicted, or otherwise it happened.
5. General Motorsstock slips below its IPO price of $33.
It did, and early in the year (March) as I also predicted.