- 2011: $3.7 billion revenue, up 88% YoY
- 4Q11: $1.1 billion revenue, up 55% YoY, up 19% QoQ OPERATING INCOME is discussed on P. 9 or 40, 55
- 2011: $1.8 billion operating income, up 70% YoY
- 4Q11: $548 million operating income, up 25% YoY, up 32% QoQ
- 2011: $1 billion net income, up 65% YoY
- 4Q11: $302 million net income, up 20% YoY, up 32% QoQ
Monthly Average Use (MAU) and Daily Average Use (DAU) are how they classify the size of their user base, and measure how engaged their user base is
- MAUs à A measure of the size of our global active user community. 845 million MAUs, on 12/31/2011 – up 39% YoY
- DAUs, and DAUs as a percentage of MAUs à Measures of user engagement. 483 million DAUs on 12/31/11 – up 48% YoY DAUs as a percentage of MAUs increased from 54% in December 2010 to 57% in December 2011.
- 2011 vs. 2010: “Advertising revenue grew due to a 42% increase in the number of ads delivered and an 18% increase in the average price per ad delivered.
First Time Disclosures
- As of December 31, 2011, there were more than 37 million Pages with ten or more Likes.
- We had 483 million daily active users (DAUs) on average in December 2011, an increase of 48% as compared to 327 million DAUs in December 2010.
- 2.7 billion likes & comments per day Zuck’s letter on page 69 on paper – 74 in pdf-view.
- There is a huge need and a huge opportunity to get everyone in the world connected, to give everyone a voice and to help transform society for the future.
- The scale of the technology and infrastructure that must be built is unprecedented, and we believe this is the most important problem we can focus on.
- Most great people care primarily about building and being a part of great things, but they also want to make money. Through the process of building a team — and also building a developer community, advertising market
- And investor base — I’ve developed a deep appreciation for how building a strong company with a strong economic engine and strong growth can be the best way to align many people to solve important problems.
- Simply put: we don’t build services to make money; we make money to build better services.
- We think a more open and connected world will help create a stronger economy with more authentic businesses that build better products and services. As people share more, they have access to more opinions from the people they trust about the products and services they use. This makes it easier to discover the best products and improve the quality and efficiency of their lives.
Questions? Comments? Email us atNetNet@cnbc.com
Follow John on Twitter @ twitter.com/Carney
Follow NetNet on Twitter @ twitter.com/CNBCnetnet
Facebook us @ www.facebook.com/NetNetCNBC