Apple shares surged above $600 on Monday, only five weeks after crossing $500.
Right now, you can buy a share of Apple for about the same price as a 4G iPad. Which would you choose?
Actually, for $600, you could buy two months worth of gasoline, pay your family's monthly health insurance bill, buy a semester's worth of books in college.
Which would you choose?
I asked people on Twitter how they'd spend that $600. Here are some of their replies. Add yours in the comments section below.
- "(Buy) one share of APPL, the only thing on the list that will appreciate in value." @LV_DG
- "Fix the check engine light on my old Subaru." @Duck42L
- "Why not go all American with what's still made here: Beer and Strippers." @BarryGoldwater
- "Before the iPad, I might have said I'd blow $600 on a pair of Manolo Blahniks. But that retina screen looks too enticing." @coombscnbc (Our own Bertha Coombs)
- "How about one visit to the pediatrician and a movie for my daughter. No $ left for popcorn." @mglabrie
- "Learn where Obama plans next govt investment in green energy. SHORT that stock...make a fortune when it goes bankrupt." @petyaczar
- "Donate 100 to animal shelter, 100 to mom/dad just cause, 100 to underprivileged kid for stuff, 300 to booze up & celebrate!" @rewashednews
- "According to the Mayan calendar the world is ending...splurge on what gives you a thrill." @goodgreekgirl
And that's exactly what some wanted to do, splurge:
- "Two years of skiing at Big Bear." @jeremyhobson (of Marketplace Morning Report)
- "A couple cases of Woodford Reserve??" @TraderRLH
- "Very small down payment on a memory foam mattress or several boxes of newly stocked Broncos Tebow jerseys." @MarkyMarcelus
- "1/2 case of Opus One." @davebargmann
- "10 bottles of Johnny Walker Black, 5 of Gold or 2 of Blue." @douglas_blake
Finally, this may have been the wisest advice of all:
- "Buy the ipad there is an app for everything else." @Seagars
Questions? Comments? Funny Stories? Email email@example.com