Delta Offers Discounted Lounge Membership
Delta Air Lines is celebrating its 300,000-plus Facebook fans by offering a 20 percent discount on a 30-day Sky Club airport lounge membership. And you don t have to "like" them on Facebook to qualify for the discount.
The promotion runs through April 30, and is available directly on Delta's website. Using promotion code "FB30D" brings the normal $90 cost of a 30-day membership down to $72.
And there's more. That $72 fee can count toward a 1-year or 3-year membership. But you have to sign up within 60 days of last day of your 30-day membership.
Rates for an annual membership vary between $300 — $450 depending on your elite status with Delta . Three-year prices start at $720 for Diamond Medallions and top out at $1,215 for travelers without elite status. An additional $50 fee applies for new Sky Club members on 1-year or 3-year plans who haven't previously joined, or whose old membership has been inactive for six months or longer.
I'm a big fan of airport lounges as they often — but not always — provide a quieter environment than the terminal and feature amenities perfect for a road warrior. Delta's Sky Clubs offer the following:
- Comfortable seating areas with ample power outlets.
- Complimentary soft drinks, beer and wine, as well as complete bar service.
- Complimentary snacks served throughout the day.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Satellite television programming.
- Personalized flight assistance.
- An assortment of magazines and newspapers.
- Some locations offer shower rooms.