AP-CNBC Facebook IPO Poll — Complete Results & Analysis
12. The Effectiveness of Advertising
About eight in 10 Facebook users say they hardly ever or never click on advertising or sponsored content when using the site.
- Fifty-seven percent of users say they never click on ads or sponsored content, while 26 percent “hardly ever” click on them.
- About one in six say they often or sometimes click on those ads.
13. The Movie and the Perception
Despite the movie’s $96.9 million in domestic box office profits, a vast majority of Americans (70 percent) say they haven’t seen it.
- Just over a quarter of adults, 27 percent, say they have seen “The Social Network,” the movie based on the founding of Facebook.
- Only a quarter (24 percent) of those who have seen the movie say they do not have a Facebook page.