Looking for an exciting way to burn some of your United Airlines frequent flyer miles? How about a luxury vacation for two that includes tango lessons and a private helicopter tour?
I previously wrote aboutUnited's "MileagePlus Headliners" program whereby members can bid their frequent flyer miles in auctions for one of a kind experiences. As you'd expect, many of them are travel related. Other auctions include tickets to sporting events and local food and wine tours. But the auction being promoted currently takes the cake for what would be a truly memorable experience.
Up for bidding until June 19 is a luxury vacation for two to Buenos Aires, Argentina. It's a five night VIP package filled with activities and excursions.
The package includes roundtrip tickets in United's "BusinessFirst" class from anywhere in the contiguous U.S. departing on September 12, 2012 (the departure date cannot be changed). In Buenos Aires, accommodations for five nights are provided at the Sofitel Buenos Aires. Breakfast each morning at the hotel is included in the package. While on the trip, the auction provides for:
- Lunch and dinner reservations (meals not included).
- Private car service from airport to hotel.
- Private helicopter tour of Buenos Aires, including transport to and from helipad.
- Choice of private cooking class or wine and cheese tasting.
- Private one-hour tango lesson for two.
- Reservations for tango performance with dinner and transportation.
- Choice of private urban graffiti tour with expert guide or tour of the MALBA contemporary art museum.
- Comprehensive sightseeing materials, including maps, listings of museums, galleries, landmarks, monuments, restaurants, nightlife, shopping and more.
As of this posting, 19 unique bidders have placed a total of 71 bids with the current bid amount at 360,000 award miles.
For further details and to place a bid, click here.