Frequently Asked Questions
This is a service offered through participating TV providers that allows you to watch CNBC TV Live as well as full episodes of your favorite CNBC shows online the day after airing on TV.
If you have not found the answer you need in the FAQs and need additional help, please contact us.
This is a free site. It’s an added value to your regular TV subscription through participating television providers.
This service is only available to customers of participating U.S. TV providers watching in the U.S.
When prompted, select your TV provider. You will then be asked to enter your TV username and password; similar to when you pay your bill online. Don't forget to check 'remember me' if you don't want to log in again. If you don't have an online account with your TV provider or can't remember your username and password, please contact your TV provider to learn more.
If you already have a username and password from your TV provider, you will not need to create a new account. If you have not previously registered an account with your TV provider, you will need to do so with a valid email address. Please contact your TV provider to learn more.
We are actively working to add additional TV providers to this service. Don't see your provider? Check back at a later time to see if your provider has been included.
Most TV providers offer a simple way to retrieve or reset your password. Please contact your TV provider to learn more.
This service is currently available on your desktop and laptop computer. We are working to expand the offering to additional platforms. Please continue to check back to see when this service is available on additional devices.
Yes. You can watch CNBC TV on your desktop and laptop computer anywhere within the U.S.
Full episodes for the available CNBC original series will be available the day after they air on television.
Yes, you can continue to visit cnbc.com to access show clips, highlights without Pay TV subscription.
Yes. By clicking the CC button on the player, you will engage the closed captioning.
- CNBC is pleased to offer closed captioning on many CNBC Network programs made available online and through mobile apps. Programs with closed captioning will have a "CC" icon in the player controls. Just tap to enable or disable.
To report an issue or concern regarding closed captioning on CNBC.com, please contact us at Customercare@support.cnbc.com
Please detail your issue or concern by providing the following information:
- Name of the program
- Description of the issue (e.g., missing captions on a particular episode, captions cut off, timing is off)
- Website or application where you viewed the program
- Approximate time and date that the issue occurred
- Your name and contact information including mailing address, email and phone number
For caption inquiries regarding CNBC Network programs delivered via broadcast television, please contact your local pay television service.
Written complaints concerning captioning on CNBC Network programs made available online or through mobile apps may be sent to:
Vice President Regulatory Affairs
300 New Jersey Ave. NW
Washington, DC, 20001-2030
Once you are signed in to the site, you can click on the 'Shows' option in the main menu to browse the list of shows that are available. We are frequently adding new series and episodes to the site, so continue to check back to see if your show has been added.
Some shows are not currently available on this service. We are frequently adding new series and episodes to the site, so continue to check back to see if your show has been added.
Most shows are available in HD.
They indicate the age-appropriateness and type of content presented in a program. There are two parts after "TV-": An age-based rating, followed by a content descriptor. A summary of the codes we use is provided below for your convenience. For complete information, visit the TV Parental Guidelines.
Content codes: Suggestive dialogue (D), coarse or crude language (L), sexual situations (S), violence (V).
Audience age codes: All children (Y), children 7+ (Y7), children 7+ with fantasy violence (Y7-FV), all ages (G), parental guidance suggested (PG), unsuitable for children under 14 (14), unsuitable for children under 17 (MA).
You may need to update your video players and their plug-ins to their most current versions. Please make sure you have updated and installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player if you are experiencing difficulties playing video.
To login with your TV provider log-in, your broswer needs access to cookies. Safari for Mac blocks cookies by default. The fix is easy - enable cookies. Here's how:
1. Select 'Safari > Preferences' from the menu bar
2. Select the 'Privacy' tab
3. Change the 'Block cookies' setting to 'Never'
4. Reload the page, log in, and enjoy.
You will need to enable user cookies. Here are instructions to enable it in Chrome.
1. Go to Chrome Settings by either typing "chrome://settings/" in the browser locator or by clicking on Chrome --> Preferences in the menu bar.
2. Make sure you are in the Settings page (see left menu navigation). Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Show Advanced Setting" link, which will open up the privacy settings.
3. Under the Privacy section, click on the Content Settings button.
4. In the "Content Setting" screen under the Cookies section make sure "Allow local data to be set" is selected and "Block third-party cookies and site data" is unselected.
If you are using Safari 6.1.1 and above and having trouble playing videos when you log in with your MVPD credentials, you might need to adjust your set Privacy settings.
- Click the Safari menu item the top left corner of the browser.
- Select Preferences.
- Click Privacy at the top of the Preferences window.
- Click Always radio button for the Block cookies and other website data question.
- Once you’ve updated your preferences, close all browser windows.
- Restart the browser, navigate to the site, log in, and enjoy.
The following Operating Systems are supported:
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- OS X Mavericks
The following browsers are currently supported:
- Chrome 10+
- Safari 7+ - Mac Only
- Firefox 13+
- Internet Explorer 10+
If you are using Google Chrome and having trouble playing videos when you log in with your MVPD credentials, you might need to adjust your set Privacy settings.
- Click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button at the top right corner of the browser.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Content Settings button under Privacy.
- Scroll down to Unsandboxed plug-in access.
- Click the Allow all sites to use a plug-in to access your computer radio button.
- Once you’ve changed your settings, close all browser windows.
- Restart your browser and navigate to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html.
- A page will appear with Protected Content Playback Settings panel. Press the Reset License Files button.
- Restart the browser, navigate to the site, log in, and enjoy.
Yes, you will need an active high-speed Internet connection to watch CNBC TV from your desktop or laptop computer.