Stock market forecasts are literally all over the charts. Traders are wary of valuations going into the earnings period. Yet, there are a lot of investors who still want to put money to work.
At the same time, there's been no volume to speak of in the last couple of weeks, and we all want to see more proof the economy is not going to stay in the tank.
I'm wondering what you think?
I'll be away until Tuesday, but there are a few big things you should watch next week:
- Q2 earnings season starts Wednesday with Alcoa's after-the-bell earnings
- Treasury auctions 3-year notes and 10-year TIPS; also reopens auctions for 10-year notes and the 30-year bond
- G8 meets in Italy beginning Thursday
- President Obama visits RussiaMonday to Wednesday
- The annual Sun Valley media conference runs Tuesday through Friday
Economic data includes:
Monday: ISM non manufacturing
Wednesday: Consumer credit
Thursday: Weekly jobless claims
Friday: International trade