As Jim Goldman pointed out today in his earnings preview on Intel , some analysts have been revising estimates upward on this Dow component. Will the chip maker follow the lead of Alcoa , Goldman Sachs and Johnson & Johnson and beat estimates?
Here are some key stats on the company...
Intel By the Numbers
$92.1 B market cap (ranks #18 in the S&P)
Rival AMD ranks #443 in the S&P with a $2.4 B market cap
In past 12 quarters:
- Beat estimates 75% of the time
- Met estimates 17% of the time
- Missed estimates 8% of the time
- Last 12 months revenue - $35.1 B (vs. $5.5 B for AMD)
- 85% of 2008 revenue came from overseas - Most international revenue of all Dow components.
Watch for guidance from the company on guidance for the second half and hints on the global economy.
Comments? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org