For the second straight year, the jersey of Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant is the best-selling jersey in Europe, according to a list released by the NBA and gathered by surveying retail locations in Europe for the 2008-09 season.
- Watch my exclusive interview with Kobe Bryant
Bryant's No. 24 is followed by the jerseys of Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol and LeBron James.
Dwight Howard's postseason run made him top of mind across the Atlantic. The Orlando Magic star debuts on the European jersey list at No. 7.
Besides Gasol, it comes as no surprise that there are seven other European players featured in the top 15 best-selling jerseys, including Tony Parker (No. 6), Dirk Nowitzki (No. 11) and Joakim Noah (No. 14), who grew up in the United States, but is listed by the NBA as an international player. His father is French tennis great Yannick Noah.
Noah's Bulls play the Utah Jazz on Oct. 6 in London as part of NBA Europe Live presented by EA Sports.
NBA products are sold in more than 16,000 retail locations in Europe. International sales account for 30 percent of the league’s overall global merchandise business.
Here is the complete list of the 15 best-selling jerseys in Europe:
1. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
2. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics
3. Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers
4. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
5. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
6. Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
7. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
8. Andrea Bargnani, Toronto Raptors
9. Jose Calderon, Toronto Raptors
10. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
11. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
12. Rudy Fernandez, Portland Trailblazers
13. Marco Belinelli, Golden State Warriors
14. Joakim Noah, Chicago Bulls
15. Gilbert Arenas, Washington Wizards
Questions? Comments? SportsBiz@cnbc.com