June 1 (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc :
* Chairman says company is committed to board Independence
* Chairman says 10 board members are independent, 1 more to be added today
* Chairman says taking allegations of fcpa issues "very seriously"
* Chairman says audit committee using every resource necessary for thorough
* Chairman says working to further strengthen fcpa compliance worldwide
* Chairman says acting with integrity is not negotiable
* Chairman says personally committed to doing the right thing, the right way,
"you have my word on that"
((Chicago Equities; tel: +1 312 408-8787))
((For more news about Wal-Mart Stores Inc click here: ))