Oct 8 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in theWall Street Journal on Monday. Reuters has not verified thesestories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* The number of people sickened with fungal meningitis fromtainted spinal steroid injections has now risen to 91 in ninestates, including seven deaths, federal officials said.
* China's Huawei poses a national-securitythreat and may have violated U.S. laws, a year-longinvestigation by the House intelligence committee has concluded.
* Government officials negotiating terms for the proposedmerger of BAE Systems and Airbus parent EADSremain deadlocked over key issues including state ownershipstakes.
* YouTube expands the program to produce content for itsvideo website as it seeks more ad dollars.
* The U.K. government is laying out the battle lines foradditional austerity measures even as it faces pressure toreboot the country's faltering economy.
* Real-estate tycoon Sam Zell is close to tapping the topexecutive at one of his residential-real-estate companies toreplace the chief executive of Zell's international business,who stunned the real-estate industry when he departed suddenlylast month, according to people briefed on the matter.
* Foxconn Technology Group , the parent of Hon HaiPrecision Industry Co , a major Apple Incsupplier, said Saturday two disputes between employees occurredat one of its China manufacturing plants this month.
(Compiled by Bangalore Newsroom)
((Bangalore Newsroom, +91 80 4135 5800, within U.S. +1 646 2238780))
Keywords: PRESS DIGEST WSJ/