Oct 9 (Reuters) - Alcoa Inc :
* Says reached a tentative agreement on a long-term power contract with
Bonneville power administration
* Says contract for its Intalco works aluminum smelter in Ferndale, Washington.
* Says contract is expected to be finalized by early December
* Source text:Alcoa (NYSE:AA) today announced that it has reached a tentative agreement on a long-term power contract with Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) for its Intalco Works aluminum smelter in Ferndale, Washington.
The proposed contract, which runs through September 2022, will ensure power supply for the smelter and help sustain the economic impact the plant brings to the region. A 90-day extension to the current contract will be in place while a public comment process on the new contract is conducted, followed by a review by BPA.
"We are pleased to be one step closer to long-term power security for Intalco Works, an important manufacturing operation in the northwest United States," said U.S. Primary Products President Bob Wilt. "We want to thank our employees, elected officials and BPA for helping us get to this point in the process."
The contract is expected to be finalized by early December.
* Further company coverage ((Bangalore Newsroom; +1 646 223 8780))