HANOI, Oct 10 (Reuters) - These are some of the leadingstories in the official Vietnamese press on Wednesday. Reutershas not verified these stories and does not vouch for theiraccuracy.
FINANCIAL NEWS: TUOI TRE
- Violations in monetary and banking areas such asunlicensed operations, changing the timing for split and mergersof banks may be subject to fines of up to 2 trillion dong, adraft decree said. The new ruling, if approved, would be inplace from July 1, 2013.
- Deutsche Bank has cut its stake in food producer Kinh DoCorp to 5.8 percent after selling more than 1.9 millionKDC shares between Aug. 30 and Sept. 21, the Ho Chi Minh StockExchange said.
- Hoa Phat Group said it has raised its stake inYen Phu Mining Co by 10 percent to 50 percent.
ECONOMIC AND GENERAL NEWS: QUAN DOI NHAN DAN
- A total of 58 companies with foreign investment nowoperate in Vietnam's feed industry, accounting for a quarter ofthe total 233 such firms, the husbandry department said.
- The finance ministry said it will not cut retail fuelprices due to recent fluctuations in global prices while majorimporters still have access to a price stabilisation fund.
- Seasonal floods on the Mekong river are forecast to peakaround Oct. 16-17 at levels below last year, the nationalweather centre said.
THOI BAO KINH TE VIETNAM
- Vietnam could raise the import tax on steel products to 7percent from 5 percent now as domestic producers have beenfacing tough competition from imported steel, the draft of afinance ministry circular said.
- Vietnam may miss this year's target of earning $6.5billion from seafood exports as global consumer demand iscontracting while domestic firms find it hard to access loans,said General Secretary Truong Dinh Hoe of the VietnamAssociation of Seafood Exporters and Producers.
(Reporting by Hanoi Newsroom; Editing by Sunil Nair)
((email@example.com +844 3825 9623))
Keywords: PRESS DIGEST VIETNAM/