LONDON, Oct 9 (Reuters) - West African crude oildifferentials were under pressure again on Tuesday, as talk thatUnipec resold unwanted Angolan cargoes highlighted the limiteddemand in China.
Traders said that Unipec sold 1-2 million barrels of Angolancrude, much of which had been destined for refineries that werebeing closed for maintenance due to environmental concerns.
A glut of unsold cargoes for loading in November showed thata range of grades was out of favour.
"Margins are lower as people start to think about year endinventory levels and capital tied up. We have refinery issuestoo, there are many things (keeping prices constrained)," atrader said.
Around 15-20 Nigerian cargoes and a clutch of other WestAfrican crude cargoes were still unsold in the market as demandfrom U.S., Chinese and European refiners was constrained by aheavy maintenance schedule.
* Some 15-20 of 72 Nigerian crude oil cargoes loading inNovember were reported still unsold, including most majorgrades.
* Qua Iboe: Seen trading around the $2.10 level, littlechanged from the day before, but below the $2.10 to $2.50 rangeseen on Friday.
* Bonny: Qua Iboe minus 60 cents due to unreliability ofloading dates and variable quality, traders said.
* Around nine Angolan cargoes due to load in November werestill unsol, comprising two Girassol, two Dalia, and a cargoeach of Kissanje, Plutonio, Saxi and Pazflor.
* Girassol: Two end-November stems were still available: aBP stem for Nov. 19-20 and a Sonangol stem for Nov. 24-25delivery. Total was reported to have taken one cargo for its ownprogramme due to lack of buying interest.
* Offers have fallen sharply this month from around datedBrent plus 50 cents to just over dated Brent flat, but bids werewell below flat, traders said.
* Indonesia's Petral issued a tender for the third timeseeking sweet crude for December delivery. The tender will closeon Wednesday with offers valid until a day later.
* Thai refiner IRPC is also seeking sweet crude forDecember delivery in a tender to close on Wednesday with offersvalid until a day later.
For a database of oil supply and demand fundamentalsupstream and downstream, Reuters subscribers can click on:
(Reporting by Simon Falush; additional reporting by FlorenceTan in Singapore; editing by Keiron Henderson)
((WEST AFRICA CRUDE OIL DIFFERENTIALS AND OUTRIGHT PRICES:
Bonny LightCabindaForcadosQua IboeCRUDE ARBITRAGE STORIESCRUDE OIL TRADESNORTH SEA CRUDE REPORTMEDITERRANEAN CRUDE7
W Africa Asia crude exports, monthly
New African oilfieldsenergy speed guidecrude speed guideNYMEX crudeICE crudeOPECNorth Seacrude oiloil productsderivativesEuropean productsLatest ICELatest NYMEX))))
Keywords: MARKETS OIL/WESTAFRICA