Following are some company-related and market news which couldhave an impact on the local market.
----------------------MARKET SNAPSHOT @ 0027 GMT ------------
INSTRUMENT LAST PCT CHG NET CHGS&P 5001432.56 -0.62% -8.920USD/JPY78.08 -0.12% -0.09010-YR US TSY YLD1.6768 -- -0.003SPOT GOLD1758.94 -0.17% -3.000US CRUDE91.22 -0.03% -0.030DOW JONES13344.97 -0.95% -128.56ASIA ADRS117.41 -0.60% -0.71
GLOBAL MARKETS-Shares, oil retreat on global growth fears
SE ASIA STOCKS-For risk-reward, look beyond Southeast AsianequitiesSTOCKS TO WATCH-- FRASER AND NEAVE LTD, THAI BEVERAGE PCL
- The Fraser and Neave board said a Thai takeover offer forthe Singapore drinks and property group is "not compelling butfair". However, in a circular issued by F&N on Wednesdayevening, directors who are shareholders said they did not intendto accept the offer -- putting pressure on the bidders to raisethe price.
-- OVERSEAS UNION ENTERPRISE LTD
- Property developer Overseas Union Enterprise confirmedreports that it had made a S$1.4 billion bid for the hospitalityand serviced residence business of Fraser and Neave
It said the offer was in line with its long-term goal of growingits business and hospitality was one of its core areas.
-- ARA ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD
- Dynasty Real Estate Investment Trust, which is managed bya unit of property fund manager ARA Asset Management and ownsChinese assets, is offering 893.9 million and 901.3 millionunits to investors at 4.40 to 4.70 yuan a unit, according to aprospectus filed on Wednesday for what will be Singapore's firstyuan-denominated initial public offering.
-- SINGAPORE TELECOMMUNICATIONS LTD
- Singapore Telecommunications said on Wednesday it hassecured the broadcast rights to all 380 Barclays Premier Leaguematches for the next three seasons starting August 2013.
-- SINGAPORE TECHNOLOGIES ENGINEERING LTD
- Singapore Technologies Engineering said its aerospace armhas secured new contracts worth about S$590 million in the thirdquarter.
> Nikkei falls, heading for 3rd straight day of loss
> Blue chips Chevron, Alcoa lead Wall Street's sell-off
> Prices gain in thin volume on global growth fears
> Euro, Aussie fall as worries over Spain
> Gold ends flat as stimulus fades, euro zone eyed
> Oil falls as economic worries, stock market pressure
> Key political risks to watch in Singapore
ASIA-PACIFIC STOCK MARKETSS.KoreaChinaHong KongTaiwanIndiaAustralia/NZOTHER MARKETSCurrencyEurostocksJP bondsADR ReportLME metalsSTOCKS NEWSUSEuropeAsiaDIARIES & DATA:Singapore diaryU.S. earnings diaryEuropean diaryAsia MacroTOP NEWSFront PageAsian companiesU.S. company NewsEuropean companiesForex newsGlobal EconomyTech, Media and TelecomsFinancialsGeneral/political
A multimedia version of Reuters Top News is available at:
(Reporting by Charmian Kok; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
Keywords: MARKETS SINGAPORE STOCKS/