GENEVA, Oct 10(Reuters) - West African crude oildifferentials paused on Wednesday after a sell-off earlier inthe week as traders waited for the results of outstanding Asiantenders.
Traders widely blamed refinery outages in China and aslowdown in European demand due to seasonal maintenance forsapping demand for West African grades in November relative tothe previous month.
They estimated that 20-25 cargoes of Nigerian and Angolancrude are still unsold for November.
"Chinese demand is much slower in terms of volumes and thereis crude in the Mediterranean and North Sea so nobody wants todo long-haul (from West Africa) at the moment," said a WestAfrican crude oil trader.
But they said sales could improve in the next few session ifIndia's Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemical Ltd
Indonesia's Petral both source crude for their outstandingtenders from West Africa.
* Traders estimated that around 15-20 cargoes of Nigeriancrude oil were still unsold on Wednesday.
* Qua Iboe: Assessed at around dated plus $2.10 level andlittle changed from the previous day.
* Around 5 Angolan cargoes have been sold since the start ofthe week, traders said, and there are now only around fourremaining for the November programme.
* Remaining grades include Girassol, Pazflor and Plutonio,traders said.
* Saxi: The cargo due to load 20-21 November was heard soldto an Asian buyer at an undisclosed level.
* Dalia: The last cargo was placed on Tuesday and the gradeis now sold out, traders said.
* Indonesia's Petral issued a tender for the third timeseeking sweet crude for December delivery. The tender will closeon Wednesday with offers valid until a day later.
* Thai refiner IRPC is also seeking sweet crude forDecember delivery in a tender to close on Wednesday with offersvalid until a day later.
* MRPL is seeking up to 1 million barrels of sweet crude viaa tender that closed on Wednesday, traders said.
For a database of oil supply and demand fundamentalsupstream and downstream, Reuters subscribers can click on:
(Reporting by Emma Farge, editing by William Hardy)
((WEST AFRICA CRUDE OIL DIFFERENTIALS AND OUTRIGHT PRICES:
Bonny LightCabindaForcadosQua IboeCRUDE ARBITRAGE STORIESCRUDE OIL TRADESNORTH SEA CRUDE REPORTMEDITERRANEAN CRUDE7
W Africa Asia crude exports, monthly
New African oilfieldsenergy speed guidecrude speed guideNYMEX crudeICE crudeOPECNorth Seacrude oiloil productsderivativesEuropean productsLatest ICELatest NYMEX))))
Keywords: MARKETS OIL/WESTAFRICA