ROME, Oct 11 (Reuters) - Italcementi , the world'sfifth-biggest cement maker, said on Thursday the court seizureof one of its plants near Rome will not stop production and thatit has 10 days to update the facility to adhere to EuropeanUnion standards.
Earlier on Thursday, an Italian court seized the cementplant over alleged toxic emissions.
"The company has been given 10 days to conclude an updatethat was already underway, and in the meantime production willnot be interrupted," the company said in a statement.
(Reporting by Steve Scherer and Naomi O'Leary.)
Keywords: ITALY ITALCEMENTI/STOP