MOSCOW, Oct 11 (Reuters) - The following are some of theleading stories in Russia's newspapers on Thursday. Reuters hasnot verified these stories and does not vouch for theiraccuracy.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has postponed his visitto Turkey, unofficially because of the disagreements on Syriabetween the two countries, the paper writes.
- The paper runs an interview with Ivan Tavrin, chiefexecutive officer of Russia's second-largest mobile phoneoperator MegaFon who says the company earned more than itscompetitors on data transfer services in the first half of 2012.
- Some 84 percent Russians support President VladimirPutin's recent criticism of the Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev'sgovernment, although only 11 percent are aware of the reason forthe criticism, the paper cites recent VTsIOM poll.
- The number of observers at Russia's regional elections onOct. 14 is expected to be significantly lower than at theprevious parliamentary and presidential elections, the papersays.
- Six people died on Wednesday in a mudslide caused by heavyrain in Russia's mountainous republic of Dagestan in the NorthCaucasus, the daily reports.
- Bacardi Ltd is launching new affordable Castillo rum brandin the Russian market, after rum import in the country rose 58percent year-on-year in 2011.
(Writing by Ludmila Danilova)
Keywords: PRESS DIGEST RUSSIA OCT 11