SINGAPORE, Oct. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) has led a delegation of 20 companies to MIPCOM 2012, marking Singapore's 12th expedition to one of the world's largest audiovisual and digital content market. Held in Cannes from 8 - 11 October 2012, the event has attracted over 12,000 participants from over 100 countries.
A total of 55 programme titles were offered for international sale and distribution at MIPCOM 2012, covering more than 300 hours of factual, drama and animation content.
Compared to MIPCOM 2011, participation rate of Singapore companies has increased 18% this year, including a good mix of TV production companies, animation companies, and content distribution companies.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AT MIPCOM 2012:
1. M2B announces launch of WOWtv Apps, available on Samsung Smart TVs and Samsung GALAXY devices in 130 countries
2. Bomanbridge Media Singapore introduces Angel's Gate, the world's first transmedia business reality format, to Finland
3. Monstrou Studio Singapore announces USD$5 million animation co-production deal with Spanish production house Sweatbox and Televisio de Catalunya
4. August Media Holdings announces co-production and worldwide distribution agreement for Ella Bella Bingo
5. Asian Food Channel (AFC) launches eight new productions at MIPCOM, adding to its stable of more than 70 hours of high-quality, Asian food and lifestyle programming
6. One Animation and Zodiak Kids The Foundation sign Memorandum of Understanding
About Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA)
The Media Development Authority of Singapore (www.mda.gov.sg) promotes the growth of globally competitive film, television, radio, publishing, music, games, animation and interactive digital media industries. It also regulates the media sector to safeguard the interests of consumers, and promotes a connected society. MDA is a statutory board under the Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts (www.mica.gov.sg).
SOURCE Media Development Authority of Singapore