New York Venture Capital Association's Annual Conference Hosting Top Startups
NEW YORK, Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The New York Venture Capital Association (NYVCA) unveiled this year's crop of top early-stage startups that will be presenting at its annual INGENUITY conference on November 7-8, 2012. INGENUITY brings together 500 investors, founders and other players in the New York City startup scene.
The presenting companies cover a range of industries, from mobile, digital media and healthcare to fashion, Internet services and more. The top 30 presenting companies – nominated from over 300 applicants – include:
- 1DocWay – An online physician's portal which helps hospitals extend their reach through the provision of services to underserved care facilities.
- Brewster – An interactive app that "manages" users address books by providing real-time updates on which contacts need more attention versus those that are currently "trending."
- Headliner – A large-scale recommendation exchange that helps businesses reach new customers on Facebook, Twitter and social sites through authentic recommendations.
- JIBE – A software-as-a-service recruiting platform that allows customers to connect with job applicants over any device via a single platform that meshes with a company's current applicant tracking system.
- MediaBrix – A social and mobile advertising solution incorporating video and social sharing, with analytical capabilities that allow for the measurement of more than 30 points of brand-focused metrics.
- Pickie – A personalized iPad magazine that provides recommendations based upon brand mentions by people within users social networks. The app also includes an editorial page, a section devoted to trending content and a Discover page.
- STELLAService – An independent company that measures service quality of online businesses. STELLAService bases its ratings off a propriety evaluation methodology which incorporates more than 300 proof points related to the online customer experience.
- Synerscope – A company that provides advanced data analytics software to enhance human analytical capabilities. The software transforms data sets into interactive visual outputs that are easy for the human brain to comprehend.
- AppRenaissance – Using its flagship product Artisan, a marketing optimization platform for native mobile apps, AppRenaissance helps businesses maximize their investment in mobile applications.
- bMobilized – A company whose solution enables the conversion of any website into a customizable HTML5 mobile site, optimized for any mobile device.
- Cirrimize – A company whose analytics-driven cloud management solution optimizes customers cloud computing capabilities, providing an average of 40 percent savings on their overall cloud costs.
- Estimize.com – An open financial estimates platform that convenes a community of top hedge fund managers, investors, analysts, corporate finance professionals and students to collect their earnings estimates. The resulting data reflects true market expectations since it is pulled from a wide range of sources.
- Everyday Health – A provider of health solutions that pairs brands with content and advertising-based services across a broad portfolio of more than 25 websites spanning the health industry.
- EXPO – A consumer-based network focused on high impact product video to drive engagement and conversion. EXPO's platform captures, manages and publishes persuasive video that customers are then able to leverage across owned and social media sites.
- FieldLens – A company focused on modernizing the US construction industry through the provision of mobile apps specifically designed for the construction professional.
- Manicube – A company that works with HR departments to offer manicures at customers' place of work. Appointments are made via Manicube's site or through an iPhone app, and manicurists then visit customers' offices for fifteen minute appointments.
- Med Startr, Inc. – A crowdfunding platform specifically designed to meet the healthcare industry's needs. It seeks to connect healthcare innovators with investors, potential partners and experts as they try to maneuver through the complexities inherent within the industry.
- Onetok – A software-as-a-service offering that allows developers to quickly and easily add voice commands to their apps.
- Qnary – An online platform that visualizes users' online profiles. It also provides tools to shape users' online image and offers suggestions on how to benefit from the sharing of personal data.
- Routehappy.com – A social review site for air travel that helps flyers differentiate amongst options to help people "fly better."
- ShopKeep POS – A point-of-sale system made for iPads that allows merchants to run their business using an inexpensive cloud-based solution. In addition to collecting sales data, the solution enables the analysis of inventory and customer relationship management.
- SponsorHub – A platform that enables brands to easily discover, manage and score sponsorship opportunities, ranging from events and venues to athletes, celebrities and digital sponsorships.
- Spotflux – A company that provides consumers with a secure and private internet connection void of malware, privacy invasive tracking, and other malicious components.
- Tapfame – A platform through which businesses can hire talented freelance developers. Customers provide information about their project under a non-disclosure agreement and Tapfame matches them up with developers who have worked on similar projects.
- The Muse – A service to help job-seekers make smart decisions about their career, via beautifully immersive job search, actionable career content, professional development and eventually predictive, Pandora-like job matching.
- TinyPass – A service that allows web publishers and content providers to accept quick and secure payments for access to any type of content.
- Little Borrowed Dress – A site that allows women to rent bridesmaids dresses for a fraction of what it would cost to buy one.
- Travora – A company that presents a new approach to travel and lifestyle content through its vast network of travel publishers, offering solutions across all stages of the travel lifecycle.
- Zipments – An online platform for courier companies to connect with local businesses in need of same day delivery.
- Seferia – A company whose software helps users define, quantify and compare the energy, water, carbon and financial benefits of various design strategies.
"Only in its third year, INGENUITY is now the must-attend event in New York City for investors, founders and other key players in the fast moving startup scene," said Bob Greene, partner at Contour Ventures and co-chair of INGENUITY 2012.
In addition to pitches by the 30 startups listed above, INGENUITY attendees will also hear from Tim Armstrong, CEO of AOL, Julius Genachowski, chairman of the FCC and Bob Pittman, CEO of Clear Channel, amongst others. The event is expected to draw more than 500 attendees and is open to investors, entrepreneurs and members of the media for two days of pitches, keynotes and networking.
About INGENUITY 2012
INGENUITY is the New York Venture Capital's flagship event and will be held at New World Stages on November 7-8, 2012. Additional information, including registration details, can be accessed here: http://www.nyvca.org/events/ingenuity-2012/.
About New York Venture Capital Association
The New York Venture Capital Association (NYVCA) is a community comprised of the leading Venture Capital and Private Equity professionals in the New York area. Membership is by invitation only and the focus remains on bringing together the most successful partners for firm creation and growth over the next decade. Additional information about the NYVCA can be accessed by visiting its homepage here: http://www.nyvca.org/.
CONTACT: Kim Racciato, +1-212-404-6920, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE New York Venture Capital Association